Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bill,

(Yes, I'm a super fan, but not afraid to tell the truth of things)

I'm just another programmer geek (started w/ a commodore 64 / Atari 800 - I had both) I saw on CNN online/video a program/story about african human rights violations, etc. and thought about you. As you know, Steve Balmer's days are numbered. I like Steve Balmer. He is as good as any CEO could be. (Listen.. I'm relatively old school, I was in my mid/early (22... 23) twenties at the Microsoft had its high point: when Win 95 was released)

If this were in Roman times, you would realize we have a MOB MENTALITY going on right now. People (stock holders/pundits) want to have someone's head on a stick. I don't actually agree.. I just think the 'market' is so fluid, anyone (see .. Nokia et al) could be seen as being behind the curve.

Make no mistake.. the media/pundits in general are putting you in this 'box'. The BOX is not one you want to be in right now as a company and as the majority stock holder who wants to use his wealth to help people.

I know you care about "human beings", (either that or you want to really make a name for yourself with philanthropy.. I give you the benefit of the doubt.. The goal of making a name for yourself w/ philanthropy is weak sauce.. though I can conceive of a scenario whereby you would say:

"what good is it all (this enormous amount of money).. I'm on the top of the heap.. I'm going to be more than just the richest person who ever lived... I'm going to be known as the most generous person who ever lived!"

I don't believe that was your drive.. (ok.. genius to genius.. that was a (small?) part of it.. hehehe... (Hey! We calculate all permutations!) I think you thought: OK.. Let's do something with all this money that will actually effect the world.. something that will REALLY help...

You did.. And.. You did good.

Now go back to lead Microsoft.

Here is why: so the stock doesn't go down! (I own no stocks in any company.. Living in Las Vegas for 10 years, I figured unless I'm in control or know the 'INSIDE' of the company, investing in what you do not know enough about is nothing more than gambling. But this gives me CLARITY.. I don't have a horse in the race.)

Go back to restore faith.


Go back so that everyone knows you DO listen.. Not that you bow down, but that you're nimble and receptive.

Email me back and I certainly won't put this content as an 'open letter'. Otherwise I will assume this email never reached you in the first place.

I just want to know your eyes saw this. That is good enough for me.

Thanks for your attention.. You Rock! (Steve B too!.. though the "crowd" wants someone's head on a pike) rock!



Wayne Bienek
WebContentSolutions.com
wbienek@gmail.com
248-468-4701

PS I recently read your book 'The Road Ahead' .. Honestly.. I thought you were just a 'bobble head' before that.

I read this book a few years ago.. And when I saw that 70-80% of your predictions had either come true, or were about to.. and that you had written this book in the 'INTERNET STONE AGES' (1994-1995?) I realized the truth about your Genius.. Now I've been tested at 145-160 (depending on the test) and it is RARE that I actually meet (through your book I feel we've met) someone smarter than me.. It is a TRUE JOY when I do! Kudos.. I bow before you're genius!

No comments: